Jibility comes with a standard set of published documents for each Jibility step. A typical user requirement is the ability to change the colour, font, shape or size of the objects on a published document page. To facilitate this, commencing in the new look Jibility released in April 2020, we will progressively enable the ability to publish your Jibility content to PowerPoint document.
NOTE, we will progressively release the ability to publish to PowerPoint for each Jibility document. As of the June 10th 2020 the following Jibility documents supports publish to Powerpoint
1) Challenge Summary
2) Objective Summary
3) Challenge & Objective Summary
4) Capabilities & Actions
5) Initiative & Actions
The following describes how you publish to PowerPoint for the Initiatives & Actions document. This approach is similar to other documents.
Initiatives & Actions
The Initiatives & Actions document displays a list of initiatives with their corresponding actions. This document can be print to PDF or exported to an image. Now, you can also publish the list of initiatives and actions into a PowerPoint document.
To publish to PowerPoint,
- Select the Format drop-down by clicking on the drop-down arrow as shown in the diagram below;
2. Select the Office option in the drop-down list
3. Use the properties panel to select a filter (if required)
4. Click the Download button to download the PowerPoint document.
Here is an example of an Initiatives & Actions PowerPoint document
How to use the Jibility published PowerPoint document
Once your content is in PowerPoint, you can
- Include a design theme, add a header and make the document into a presentation; or
- Copy the initiatives and actions to including into another presentation slide deck.
The objective of the publish to PowerPoint feature is to deliver the Jibility content into a tool that enables you to easily change the color, font, shape or size of each object, as required. PowerPoint is the most common tool used by Jibility users to present their content.
The intention of the publish to PowerPoint feature is not to produce a fully-featured presentation slide desk but to publish the Jibility content so that you can adapt the content to insert into your presentation.
The publish to PowerPoint feature has several limitations that we hope to address over time. The limitations are:
- Objects are not grouped. The text, rectangular boxes and icons are all individual objects. You must manually group an initiative and associated actions, particularly if you want to resize them easily;
- You cannot control the size of the objects (such as initiatives or actions) before publishing to PowerPoint. For example, we try to fit as many initiatives on a page as possible using the smallest font available. Each action has a fixed height to ensure that we can fit the maximum length of an action name.
- Objects may overflow and extend beyond the slide drawing area. For example, if you have a really tall initiative (i.e. an initiative with lots of actions) then the bottom of the initiative may extend past the bottom of the page.
- Space allocated for text within an object may seem over-generous or the font looks too small. The default size of the object is designed to fit the maximum length of the text allowable in Jibility. For example, the maximum length of a challenge name is 100 characters. Therefore the default size of the challenge object and the size of the font is set to allow for 100 characters.